Each year Coterie awards $5000 or more in scholarships to Missouri S&T women every year. Proceeds above expenses from all Coterie events are contributed to the Scholarship Endowment.
Our 2016 Coterie Scholarship Recipients with Martina Hahn-Baur, Coterie 2015-16 President, and the Chancellor of Missouri S&T
For reference, a general description of the Scholarships can be found below. For most recent criteria and application materials,
visit Academic works or financial assistance links above.
A member’s first encounter with our Scholarship will usually be a choice to donate on our membership form. A significant portion of fundraising for each year is from donations contributed when members join or renew in the Fall; many choose to do this at the Fall Coffee.
Coterie events to support the Coterie Scholarship are scheduled each year. In recent years, we have been able to host a Fall event to benefit the Scholarship Fund – the Oktoberfest and Poker Run Progressive Dinner are examples. Typically, one fundraising event is also held mid-year, in December or January, with a theme that allows participants to donate or make purchases toward the Scholarship. The Chocolate Gala, Winter WineDown at the Chancellor’s, and the Champagne and Chocolate are examples of past successful events.
Other opportunities for fundraising, occur some years at the St. Pat’s Ball, and the Fall Coffee, when proceeds exceed expenses, or baskets or auction items are offered.
If you would like to make a contribution to the Coterie Scholarship Fund, please contact Theresa McCarthy Brow at Contact Coterie Scholarship Chair or use our Scholarship donation form found on the Donations and Board page.
Coterie Scholarship’s History
This new section is in preparation. The scholarship had it’s 30th anniversary in 2015. We hope to add information on the scholarship’s origination and history over those years soon.
Description of Scholarship Application information
Each year Coterie awards approximately $3000-$5000 in scholarships to Missouri S&T women students. Proceeds above expenses from all Coterie events are contributed to the Scholarship Endowment.
Application Deadline – Feb 1 of the current school year.
Awards are presented at the Coterie Spring Luncheon in early May, and will be applied toward expenses in the Fall semester of the following school year.
Coterie Scholarship Application Eligibility usually includes:
- The recipient must be a female student at Missouri S&T.
- She must have completed 50% of the hours necessary for completion of her degree from Missouri S&T.
- She must be enrolled with a minimum of 9 hours in a degree program at the time of scholarship payment and must show evidence of satisfactory progress toward that degree.
- She must demonstrate financial need.
- She must submit a written statement outlining her reasons for application to the Coterie Scholarship Committee.
- She must not be a member of the family of any Missouri S&T faculty, full-time staff, or other personnel. (She may be an employee herself.)
- Applicants should be in good academic standing with the University.
Preference will be given to:
- The woman with added personal obligations (e.g., children, invalid dependent, physical disability, etc.)
- The woman who had her college education interrupted and is returning to complete her undergraduate or graduate degree at Missouri S&T.
- Grade point average will be taken into consideration.
Items required in an application package include: letter of application, resume explaining your qualifications, and two Missouri S&T faculty references. Selection will usually be determined by mid-February.
Updated: January 16, 2017.